Help to Buy Tottenham
Why you should buy a property in Tottenham
It’s vibrant and arty with a blossoming of independent cafes, shops and restaurants. Pop-ups stay popped up, dinky bars churn out live music and craft gins, and eclectic stores are fun to potter around when the weekend hits. When you want a gander around the great outdoors, there’s the pick of Tottenham Marshes – a wild sweep of land, laced with the barge-bobbing River Lee Navigation – or the Walthamstow Wetlands nurturing vast lakes and wildfowl. And the borough is never going to let you down when it comes to cultural fixes, sprinkled with galleries and studios, and laced with a rich Ghanian, Turkish and Latin American heritage that’s thrillingly visible, from the excellent Latin American food market, to smoky Turkish food joints. Oh and Tottenham Hotspur’s club is right on your doorstep.
And although the district has superb links in and around London via rail, Tube and road (you can be at King’s Cross in 12 minutes and Oxford Circus in 16 minutes), let’s not forget the proposed arrival of Crossrail 2. The government will be pumping £80million into the new rail link that’ll stretch from North East London to South West London. Seven Sisters, Tottenham Hale and Northumberland Park have all been drafted in as potential station stops. In the meantime, Tottenham Hale is undergoing a vast refurbishment. So there you have it… there’s never been a better time to invest in this ever-evolving London district.
Convinced yet? Upping sticks to Tottenham is always going to be a revelation. But if you’re worried you’ve missed the boat or that the new shiny flats and apartments popping up over town are out of your league, then think again. Go down the Help to Buy route and you could get your hands on a sleek urban retreat - as long as you can cover a 5% deposit and 55% of the mortgage, then the government will provide the remaining 45% as an equity loan. There are some real finds on the Tottenham property market – take the flourishing development of Brook Place, a sublime collection of one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments with excellent transport links. Fitted wardrobes, open plan living, clean lines and high-spec fittings make these a very desirable investment. Elsewhere, the development of Hale Works has been garnering a lot of attention from wannabe homeowners with its superb collection of apartments, looming over Walthamstow Reservoirs with cracking views of the city. Think polished floors, upmarket kitchens and floor-to-ceiling windows with spacious balconies.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with Property Booking today to guide you through the process and you’ll be onto a winner.